Monday, June 3, 2013

Crafting in NYC


Hello!

Well Hubby, the Fur children and I have now been in NYC for a month. We are getting settled nicely and I am starting to get my craft mojo back...it went missing for a while with all the house stuff to do :(

I have been a teeny bit naughty and have acquired bits of new kit here and there, whilst I am waiting for all our stuff to arrive from the UK. So I thought I'd show you what I have been up to - apologies for the quality of the photos, I am not used to the light in the apartment yet!

The main picture today is of a birthday card I made for my friend Carrie's husband Tom. The robot punch is a new purchase and had 50% off, so I felt it was rude to not buy it!! It's by EK success, the papers are from a scrap of the American Crafts set that I love and use often.

I also purchased some cool moustache stickers. I have made a few fun cards with them, but I think this one for Carrie is my fave. Carrie and I have a moustache thing, too long to explain here, but we are always buying each other moustache things!! I like the simplicity of this card.

Moustache!
My SIL had her baby on the 17th of May - a niece Florence Mae, she is gorgeous, sad we aren't there to give her a cuddle, but I did manage to make this card for her. Yep, they are the usual butterflies from JT's punch, I punched a bejillion of them before I left!!


I bought this very cute bunny stamp in the sale (stamps are rather expensive here in the US) and thought it would be fun if I stamped lots of them in a row. I like this, JT suggested I could use the bunny for new baby cards..this particular card is going to JT's folks to say Thanks for a wonderful Memorial Day weekend - more about that in another post :)

Lots of Bunnies!
So that's all from me for now, just wanted you to see that I am still alive and crafting!

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Yay, great cards Claire. Nice to see you crafting again. So pleased you are getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, thanks! It's good to be back. I hope I'll be more regular with my posts now, just got to work on this time difference thing! :) Cx

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx