Friday, March 29, 2024

Memory Pockets Monthly - April 2024 - Genuine - Cards part 1...


Hey,

Happy Good Friday to you!

My office is closed today, so I am planning on spending most of it at my craft desk.

We have a new MPM release over at The Lilypad today - 'Genuine', it's gorgeous! 

I was inspired to create cards that use journal cards as the focal point.

Journal cards are so pretty, sadly I am not a journaler, but I figured out a way to incorporate them into cards.

Main photo - I used a 4x4 journal card, die-cut using a square stitched die from my stash. I anchored the card using a strip of paper from the kit and popped it up using foam tape, the sentiment is by Ellen Hutson. I made x2 of these. I think you could easily hand-cut these out and skip the stamp or handwrite a sentiment.


Photo above - I used x2 different journal cards here and I let them help me choose the backgrounds. The bird card has 'hello' on it and that inspired my stamp choice. The 'go your own way' card made me think of arrows, so I used a Dyan Reaverly stencil to create the background. Also very easy. You could also use papers from the kit for the backgrounds if you prefer.


Photo above - I went with a small square card, mini square cards are very cute! Again used 4x4 journal cards. I used dies to cut the cards and the larger paper squares. The papers are from the kit. You could always cut the squares by hand. 

I used -
MPM April 2024 - Genuine Kit

From my stash - stamps, dies, stencils, Distress Oxide inks, black ink, foam tape, die-cutting machine, paper trimmer, double-sided tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx