Thursday, May 18, 2017

I just want to say Hello!...


Hey,

I decided I wanted this card to have it's own post and not be part of the April craftgang bulk post.

I love it SO much. I found this great stamp set in Jamey's stash last month -

Eek! A Monster by My Cute Stamp

Isn't it cute!

I love monster stamps.

I stamped the monster with the flame coming out of his mouth.

When I got him home I coloured it with Zigs and die-cut it out using an ancient recently rediscovered scalloped rectangle die (bought in Amsterdam in 2012).

I thought it would be fun to stamp a cityscape around the monster, only problem was that I couldn't mask him off as I don't have the stamp.. cue the amazing lightbox, I traced around the image and cut it out to create a mask. BOOM. Gotta love that lightbox.

I used New York Tim Holtz cityscape stamp -

I love these stamps and I got them in a super bargain Black Friday sale..

The final touch was the sentiment from Your Next Stamp Silly Monsters set.

After I stamped the sentiment, I realised that perhaps the monster didn't mean to rampage across the city, he was just trying to say Hello! Yes. I am slightly bonkers.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Duh, of course he was just trying to make friends! Love this card, that monster is brilliant ( I do love a good rubbish Godzilla film). Great idea to trace him to create the mask, I wouldn't have thought of that and would have to have fussy cut him out and add him to the scene! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx