Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Walking in the rain..



..with the one I love.

Is a line from a Barry White / Love Unlimited song and it's one of my faves.

The stamp I used to make the card in the main photo today reminds me of this song :) Apt I thing, as this is an Engagement card for friends of ours. The stamp is by Stamping Bella - Emily and Ryan under the umbrella.

I love this stamp, it's so cute and I like the fact that they are hidden under the large umbrella - which is strange as I detest umbrellas!

The stamp is actually quite tricky to colour - quite a lot of detail in the coat/dress and the flowers, but it is totally worth it..I am currently using it to make a whole raft of Anniversary cards for September. It would appear that nearly everyone we know got married in September.

The backing paper was a little bargain that I got from Marshalls, it was a pack of decorative scraps by K&Co - I sent half to JT :)

As I am so pleased with this card, I thought I would enter it into the same Colour Me Creative Marker Challenge #75 that JT entered - her card is awesome btw.
The theme is 'Anything Goes' as long as you use alcohol-based markers..I used Promarkers -
Umbrella - Vanilla
Coat / Dress / Flowers / Shoes - Pink Mittens, Plum, Orchid and Hot Pink
Skintone - Oatmeal
Shirt - Blue Denim
Trousers - Warm Grey 3
Shoes - Ice Grey 4
Foliage / Grass - Moss

I hope the happy couple love the card as much as I do..I now have to get on and make them a new home card too!

Cx

p.s 3 more sleeps and my Ma will be here...


1 comment:

  1. Cute card, , thanks for joining CMC Anything Goes challenge!
    DT Shannon

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx