Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kids stuff


I recently decided that my kids cards were lacking that 'kid appeal' and have been racking my brain trying to think of good ideas. By chance I was in a wonderful art shop and saw a Galt colouring-in book. Voila! Lightbulb moment.

I bought the book, chose some of my favourites and scanned them in, retouched them, printed them out at a suitable size and coloured them in using my Promarkers! Today's main picture is one of the cards I made using this technique. Below are a few more.

Clown
Witch
I think it's a good technique - but a word of warning, if you are planning on selling your cards, I would suggest you do not use anything from the Galt books, peruse your local pound store for generic colouring books, which will minimise the copywrite issues. The ones I have shown here are not for sale, they are for my godchildren (of which there are a bejillion!). 

I have also been re-using my favourite Bugaboo Poppi Penguin digital stamp. I've been making these for a while now for customers, but never for friends and family and decided, if I used certain colours they would be great for boys of all ages (= men too). Here are a couple of pics - I love the glittery glasses!


Blue Poppi + Red Glasses
Close-up on the Red glittery glasses
Red Poppi + Yellow glasses

I am now happier with my 'kid' options and think this will please my customers and possibly some of my friends with kids, who are always on at me to make more kid cards!

Cx







No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx