Wednesday, January 26, 2011

All work and no play!

Ok, so I am moaning a LOT right now, way too busy at work - can't think straight! Also Hubby is sick and he very rarely gets sick, so I am keeping an eye on him, as he is not very good at just resting!

Fortunately, despite the challenging work / life balance, I am still finding time to craft. It's keeping me sane and stopping me from murdering someone!!  

I've also been indulging in some internet shopping!! I have been hand colouring a lot lately and I am getting ready to finish the Valentine's cards I have been making and I realised that I need more Promarker colours, so I bought 20 new pens! Yay! Can't wait for them to arrive.

I have also bought some beautiful papers and stamps from Pink Petticoat - Liz the lady that runs the company is lovely, very helpful - even when I get myself all confused!! 

I decided to enter this weeks Do You Stack Up Challenge - #3 Think Pink.



My card is pretty simple as you can see, but I love it! I generally make simple cards and I have been trying to be a bit more complexl with my cards when entering challenges, but I haven't been 100% comfortable doing that! So I decided that if I am going to enter challenges, I will stick with my style!

To make the card, I used some papers that my friend Adrian made me as a gift and I glittered the pink spots with Stickles glitter glue, the border strip was made using an X-Cut scallop punch and the bird stamp and happy birthday are by Hero Arts. I have wanted to use the metallic papers I have for ages, but they kept tearing when I cut them! Now I have an X-cut freehand circular cutter, which is fantastic, it cuts through pretty much anything smoothly!

I better go! Work to do.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute and stylish too
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello :) i am a big cas fan and your card is absolutely lovely! thanks so much for joining us at DYSU! janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire,
    I have a blog award for you! :) Love your creations! Keep it up!

    http://taradactoll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx