Friday, April 8, 2016

Road Trip...


Hey,

Happy weekend ;)

Yes it is my weekend.

I am on my way to Jenn Shurkus' loft art retreat in Providence, I am being driven there by Cheiron - I love a road trip with Cheiron and a loft art retreat, so I have been super excited for weeks.

I thought it was only fitting that I play along with the latest Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

Both Jenn are Cheiron are on the SSS DT, on different challenges. They both inspire me a great deal and to top it of they are awesome, friendly, fun ladies.

The challenge this week is Happy Birthday as SSS celebrates 7 years in business. The DT are using Simon Says Exclusives..which is awesome as I love their stuff.

I just happened to have the latest cardkit on my desk, so I used the spotty stamps and the Happy Birthday sentiment from the set.

I stamped the spots in yellow ink first, went over them with embossing ink and then used yellow embossing powder over it. I stamped the embossing ink slightly away from the yellow ink, because I wanted a smudged look.

I splattered calligraphy ink over the panel to finish it off.

I had a plain yellow background originally, but it was a bit blah..so I embossed it with a Sizzix big dots folder and now I'm happy :)

Happy Birthday wishes to the Simon Says Stamp team, you are my favourite enablers and providers..

I know I'm going to be having a fun weekend, I hope you do too.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. I love the vibrancy of this card. The embossing folder is the perfect finishing touch. Enjoy your crafting weekend, totally jealous of you! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky, lucky you to spend time with Cheiron and Jen! I know you had a blast! I love all the dots and splatters mixing on this fun birthday card - thanks for sharing it with us for our birthday challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love yellow and black, and I love the CAS-ness of this card. I think you are a brave lady to ink in a color and then heat emboss over it, I can never get that to work. Here's celebrating enablers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have such a pretty CAS style! I wish I could do CAS, but I always go overboard. Tried this weekend and failed miserably. LOL! I'll leave it to you masters! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx