Monday, April 4, 2016

Bugaboo Flower Girl...


Hey,

Happy Monday to you all. Short week for me, as I am off to Jenn Shurkus' loft art retreat this weekend.

I hope you had a great weekend, ours was a bit wet and Hubby had to work, so I occupied myself at my desk.

I love Bugaboo Stamps - JT and I have tons of them.

I thought it would be fun to enter their current Anything Goes challenge, I really should enter more often, I am always colouring their digis!

I decided to use the Pretty Flower Girl digi for my card, as I needed to make a birthday card for a friend.

I kept it simple, because the image is so pretty I wanted it to be the hero.

I die-cut the image using a stitched square (Simon Says Stamp) and used a slightly bigger one to cut the pink square. I found a co-ordinating piece of floral paper in my stash (by American Crafts) and cut that to fit the card blank.

I coloured the image using Promarkers and Spectrum Sparkle markers. I love her hair, I am getting much better at hair and skin tone, which is cool, I am enjoying the practice sheets I printed out.

It all came together really quickly and I had considered adding bling, but I am happier with it as it is.

Cx


6 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous! I love the big image, that's a great use of that image. I think the layered stitched dies really give this texture, it's nice to use borders like that as a subtle feature. Big fan of your work. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and the way you've let the image be the focus. I was admiring her hair too, fabulous. Enjoy your short week and have a great creative weekend. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire! This card is delightful! I am envious of your coloring. Maybe I should start doing more of the adult coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty and love that you used a Bugaboo image. Thanks for sharing at Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this Bugaboo image and I love the way you showcased it here on this lovely flowered background. Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i love your card, it gorgues as it is, thanks for joining in with our challenge over at catch the bug.

    Greetz,
    Marieke

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx