Thursday, February 18, 2016

30 and 60....

Hey,

Recently I needed both 30th and 60th birthday cards.

I started with the 30th card, for my fabulous friend Charity, she's pretty spesh.

As I am joining in Kathy Rac's The Daily Marker colouring 30 day this month, I got to practice skin tones on the great stamp by Scruffy Cat.

I got a tutorial from here - amazing..I am already much better at skin tones.

I had originally planned on having a big sparkly 30 on the card, but it felt wrong, so I used a thirty number stamp and a thirty word stamp and created my own border.

Charity calls me 'Claire to be fair' because I say 'to be fair' all the time.. To be fair, she might have a point! So I made her this to house her gift -

Ha ha ha fun times.

This 60th card was for my Uncle..he's pretty awesome.


So I created my own dilemma here..

I was very happy with the stamping of the word sixty and didn't want to cover it, but Vellum felt wrong..too girly.

So I broke out the acetate, the Staz-on ink and a mini rectangle die and created a see through panel.

I wish the Happy had not smudged, but I try not to throw 'oops' elements out if it's passable.

I like it, I might try more ideas like this using acetate.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. These are pretty sexy man. You were so right to go acetate on that last one, that is a brilliant card. But your colouring up top - hella good. you DO say 'to be fair' all the time - I hadn't clocked it! x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx