Friday, April 3, 2015

Loft Art Retreat..the cards...


Hey,

Happy Friday.

Can't believe its nearly a week since the fabulous loft art retreat, hosted by the AMAZING Jenn Shurkus.

I learnt so much and my fellow crafters were fun and diverse.

We made 15 cards - no mean feat!

Most items were cut out for us and we had to stamp, colour, fussy cut and assemble. It was oodles of fun.

There were quite a few highlights for me...

- Jenn taught us that we can really stretch our stash and get it to work for all occasions

- Crafters love to shop and buy new shiny stash items, they are not embarrassed, they embrace it - amazing!

- Tips, tips all over the place - I seriously had my eyes opened

- Quickie glue pen..how have I lived without you?!

- The funny, kind, generous people - truly a delight to spend time with.

I'm only showing you a few of the cards...the rest are here, far too many for one blog post :) Click on each photo for a description of what we used and did.

The main photo today is one of my faves from the day..stencils, dies (Lawn Fawn), inks, bold stamps (Winnie & Walter) - awesome.

One more photo for you -


I love this card, so simple but fun. Layered squares, stamped flourishes, quickie glue pen so you can add glitter and a new way to make banners..Dies and stamps by Lawn Fawn.

Sigh..I wish I could go on the mixed media one this month..but I am hoarding my pennies for Ma's visit.

Happy Weekend everyone..you'll find me at my desk, skyping and playdating with JT.

Cx


5 comments:

  1. Wow Claire, just clicked your link and looked at all the fab cards you made on your retreat...way to go girl! Glad you had a great time and picked up lots of tips, have a good weekend crafting...we held our annual Easter family brunch yesterday, out all today and tomorrow with family, so no crafty time for me! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards. I think sparkle and shine is my favourite but i love them all. The squirrel on a swing madd me laugh! Now fet on skype so we can play :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, I just love your Happy Birthday Card! I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww such a fun post! It was so great to meet you :) and you were so sweet with all your goodies for everyone and special treats for me :) Hope you make it up to one again soon!! Thank you Claire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. i shared this on my FB page :) http://www.facebook.com/jennshurkus.artist thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx