Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WOYWW #211 - My craft space is taking shape!


Whoo Hoo! I managed to get my crap together so I can join in WOYWW this week. If you don't know what I am babbling about then go over to Julia's blog and check out the weekly global nose.

So I actually took these photo's on Tuesday, as I am 5hrs behind the UK.

My desk is a bit untidy at the moment, due to being in a new space (hmm who am I kidding) and I haven't purchased all the parts of the desk yet. Hubby has been amazing and has gifted me a reasonable 'craft room' budget, but I think it's time for a pause so I can buy wisely.

Anyway what is actually on my desk? Well, now that my new desk is so massive my laptop lives on it - whoop whoop. In the background to the left is my new thrift store lamp, I have no idea why the lint roller is there?! Its in front of my mini chalkboard - as I don't have a noticeboard yet, also at the back of my desk is the usual stuff, a rack of papers, etc, a rotating pen, brush, tool holder, ribbon, twine, ink and a few promarkers. Trusty glasses are there too.

You can just make out a card I made for a friend - here is a proper photo of it.

Handsome Boy
I love this card, I specifically bought the showgirl stamp a few months ago to make a birthday card for my friend Nick - he loves the 40's! It's obviously a Kenny K, the papers are Pink Petticoat and I merged them together, to save ink, so I only had to print one sheet. The handsome boy stamp is a new TJMaxx find. Look closely and you'll see the bling I used for buttons on her shorts.

Finally - the pink thing to the right of my desk is this beautiful Stamping Bella stamp - it arrived on Tues, ready for me to make a whole batch of wedding cards.

Brett and Brenda get married
Happy WOYWW - I'll be nosing at lots of desks today, as I am waiting in for a delivery :)

Cx

p.s American WOYWWer's - where can I get promarkers - I am not a Copic girl :(

13 comments:

  1. Okay, wait. What? TJMaxx has stamps? This was a fun post, Claire! Love the card and the new SB image! I'm so delighted for you to have all this new clean and roomy space for your crafting!! Have a wonderful week and thanks for visiting me!! Darnell #20 (Thanks for the info on the printer, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card! Have fun with your new stamp and work area. It looks inviting and creative! Bravo!
    Anne #40

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely desk - everything to hand!
    A great card and a fun-looking stamp!
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
    no. 32

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I love both the stamps - great choices. No reason to have it, but I neeeeed the NY paper on your desk...it's gorgeous. I can make me a reason, I'll manipulate him into a trip..! Dead right about pausing hile you work out exactly what you want for your room..a budget is a great idea too - makes you even more creative and thoughtful. Bet you're quite enjoying the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire - Love the Kenny G card - so colourful - and the wedding stamp is divine... budget - what budget - I tend to go overboard and then have to find somewhere to stash it all... and hopefully find it later... LOL - Happy WOYWW... Mxx #110

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card for your friend...love it. The wedding stamp is lovely. happy WOYWW. Pam#38

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing a great job of getting your new crafting desk and area ready for you to be creative. How great is your husband giving your a craft room budget. Your card is fabby such a great image and I like that wedding stamp
    Have a great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #47

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely take a long hard look at what you need, I wouldn't rush out and buy what you think you need cause your needs do change. Work with what you've got, make a list of things that come up that you need and take it from there. Great, fun card for your friend. You can get Promarkers from carpediemstore.com and artsuppliesonline.com. I haven't used these sites and I don't use promarkers (I just googled), Letraset also have a US presence I believe and ship for free over $33.

    Hugs
    Brenda 112

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello ladies, thanks for all the lovely comments this week. Darnell - TJMaxx and Marshalls often have stamps, ribbons and punches for low low prices... also Julia mentioned the NYC paper, which I am using as a backdrop for all my photos, you can buy it here - www.designsbyreminisce.com Also thanks for the promarker advice.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun designing your craft space, would love to start all over again with mine! LOVE that birthday card, fabulous! Thank you so much for visiting my "floor of shame today", lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that card. Have fun setting up your craftroom. Thanks for stopping by. #26

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love that card. Your hubby is a prince. You have a proper craft room budget. I agree, buy wisely. It will need to last a long time. Have a super WOYWW from #17.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new work space! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #3

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx