Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Playing with Stamps


Hubby asked me to make a thank you card for his parents and I decided to try out my new stamp set that I bought a few weeks ago. They are really cool and made by Pebbles.
The main photo is my fave, JT will like this one, as she loves the lighthouse paper, it was a freebie, it's by Kirsty Wiseman and this piece is the 2nd to last piece of it :( The dark blue card is by Co-redinations.

Using the stamp to make the thank you card inspired me to make a few more, all with the same theme -
- use the label dies
- use the stamps
- use something decorative for the smaller die-cut or within it

Here are the other 3 cards I made

1 - love this digital stamp by Pink Petticoat (I don't have a printer yet, but I had a sheet of these). I coloured it using colours that fit with the backing paper, which is by My Mind's Eye and the ink is Chocolate by Martha Stewart.

1 - Hello Friend
2 - this version uses some of my paper flower stash, a self-adhesive pearl and a piece of pretty Hippie Chick paper by DCWV. The ink for the greeting is by Martha Stewart.

2 - Just a note
3 - the final card uses a flower (is it a flower?) from my last visit to the Range - x6 in a strip for £1 bargain!! The spotty backing paper is ancient and I believe my Ma bought it for me years ago..The red ink didn't stamp as well as I would have liked, but it works well enough. I like that the embellishment / flower has spots in, so matches the paper nicely.

3 - Hello
All in all, this was a fun way to spend a rainy afternoon in NYC and now I have x3 cards ready to go to new homes.

Hubby has the day off today, so we are going to ride the ferry down the East River, as we haven't done that yet.

Cx


5 comments:

  1. I love these! You are so right - I love that lighthouse paper. The layout is so easy I think I may try it myself... you could use it for just about anything, couldn't you? And I love the banner stamps. Such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stamps are fab. So useful.
    I love the cards you have made with them.
    Enjoy the East River.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this are such lovely cards that will help you out at last minute or unexpectedly needed. Less is more has worked really well on these, Lovely
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ladies, thanks for your nice comments. I am pleased with these. I will be joining you for WOYWW tomorrow :) Hubby and I had a great day today, I might have the photos ready for showing tomorrow too. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little banner stamps, your cards are all so cute! Thank you for stopping by to see my WOYWW desk, well, storage space! lol Waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx