Friday, April 24, 2015

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015 - My April Tags...


Hey,

So I was a bit nervous about this month's tag..it looked complex.

I LOVED making these, they were fun and meant I got to get my sewing machine out!

I made a mistake with the first tag (Birthday Wishes) too close and too heavy handed with the spritzer...

You know I have this only one new product per tag rule..well I broke that this month, my new products are - the kraft tags, crinkle ribbon and the word dies. Sometimes a girl has just gotta spend :)

I adore the word dies and think that they will be getting a lot of use.

I was a bit concerned that my stamps wouldn't work as well as the TH ones, but I think it all turned out just fine - even with an oops :)

Here are some individual photos of my tags -

Birthday Wishes..blue slodge - oops..

    

Hello Love..much better spritz splatter here..

   

What did I use?

INKS/PENS: MFT Hybrid ink (perfect for colouring and watercolouring), Picked Raspberry, Pumice Stone and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks, Hero Arts Green Neon Ink. Peacock Feathers and Worn Lipstick Distress Marker,
PAPERS: #8 Kraft tag, Distress watercolour cardstock, black scrap paper from my stash
TOOLS: Distress Marker Spritzer, Paper Distresser, Craft knife, Ranger Heat Tool, ATG, xyron, Ink applicator, Aquabrush, Singer Sewing Machine
STAMPS: Bee Happy by Hero Arts (from Darnell last year!)
DIES: Sizzix / TH Adventure Words Block, Winnie & Walter Birthday die (The Big, The Bold   and Wplus9 Hello die
MISC: Crinkle Ribbon, water mister, t-ruler, metal ruler

These tags have been a lesson in trusting myself - good to see that stepping out of my comfort zone every now and then works.

I've decided that I am going to mount them to cards and use them for a couple of special birthday's that are coming up.

Cx


3 comments:

  1. This is so nice man. Love the cut-out messages beneath the dies on top, that's a great play on negative and positive and your speckled texture over the image is just tops. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. High tens to you, Claire, these are sensational and will look awe-mazing mounted on cards!! I'm so glad you went out of your comfort zone and tackled this challenge!! And I'm with you on the W&W word dies. I just ordered mine two days ago! Great minds!! I hope you are healing well and learning to enjoy the new snail pace! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Claire, your tags are stunning! You have really nailed the task at hand...lol you made me glance at my sewing machine..I had a Tilda doll kit for my birthday that I am itching to make a start on but at the moment I don''t have room to sew...lolol...love love love these tags and they will make very special cards....have a good weekend and rest that foot! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx