Thursday, January 9, 2014

Inspirational words..


Hey,

I really enjoyed WOYWW yesterday, it was fun to have most of the ladies back. It is still freezing here in NYC...but other parts of the Country are even colder, so I hope everyone is staying warm!

This week CAS-ual Fridays have asked us to use a word that describes what inspires us this year..


Now my word might seem a bit strange...but it is inspiring to me, as my Best Friend Lemon turns 40 this year and she came to NYC last year and helped make my 40th a really special time. I would like to do the same and so the word Birthday is important to me and inspires me to ensure that I make Lemon's birthday just as special as she made mine.

So this year I will be focussing my efforts on Birthdays and making them special for all the special people in my life.

I used a new Pink Petticoat Lola stamp, they are being retired, so got them for a steal! I love a craft bargain. I also tried a new idea and printed the digital stamp and my word DIRECTLY onto the card from my computer - eeeeeek!! I had to do a couple of trials, but it worked out fine. I coloured Lola using Promarkers and added a few bits of bling here and there.

I love how the card looks, next time I might move the whole thing further over and add a big ribbon bow to the left of the words.

Cx


3 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, these Lola stamps are gorgeous aren't they? I remember buying the digi when they were first brought out (Yikes!) and use them a lot...love your card, beautifully coloured, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous Claire… what a fab image and I love how you've printed the sentiment onto the card… looks really good! :-))
    Take Care
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, oooh lovely card! I'm a big fan of Clean and Simple cards - and this is a wonderful example of it! I also have the Lola stamps brought when they first come out and not used very often. Oh dear!!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx