Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bunting Part Two

As I mentioned before I have been inspired by the cards that I have seen lately that feature sewing techniques and by MoonMum.

I've also been rather over excited by the arrival of my new Pennant punch.

This weekend I tried out a few ideas using both the punch and the sewing machine, so easy to do and lots of fun - I spent a few hours making tons of these. Here are the pictures of some of them.
1. Bunting Card - Black and Blue
1. I wanted to use the spotted and black papers to make pennants, but felt they needed a contrast of colour to lift them up - hence the blue paper and the eyelets. I like the perky 'birthday!' stamp. The closeup (1a) below shows how the pennants are stitched to the card.

1a. Bunting Card - Black and Blue Closeup
2. I think the card below is really fresh! It made me feel very spring like. I like the pop of the green against the blue gingham. The mismatched patterns of the pennants works well, must remember to do this again. The letters are from Michael's and I'll be buying more when I go back to NYC this year.

2. Bunting Card - Blue and Green
Below is a closeup (2a), it shows my sewing was a bit off! But I am thinking that you don't really notice and it adds to the charm of the card!


3. This card is slightly different, as I didn't use the sewing machine, I used the Sew Easy tool! Not 'sew easy' at all, hence it's sale on eBay and me returning to my sewing machine! I made this card for a friend - I think she'll like it.
3. Bunting Card - Pink Spots
This closeup (3a) shows that the stitches made using the sew easy (and my own hands) are not as good as the machine ones.


So what do you think?

I am really pleased and part three of bunting will be some pictures of a card I made before the punch arrived. Its not as easy as you think to cut triangles freehand!

Cx

4 comments:

  1. I love the gingham version! I can't wait to see them in person this weekend, going to have to punch a few of these myself I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd like them - we'll punch you a whole bunch of them so you can make your own, then we'll have to get you a mini sewing machine.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bunting. We have recently switched rooms with the boys and still have their bunting hanging up in our room. Makes me smile every time I walk in to the room. One day I will grow up I guess...or perhaps just replace with some adult bunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bunting too. I think JT and I should add you to our craft spam list, then we can make you adult bunting! Basically we had this idea to spam our foreign friends and family (JT is a Yankie Doodle) with a little package of craft stuff made by us!! Are you brave enough to be spammed by us :) - Check JT's Blog - http://52weeksofcrafting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx