Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bullet Journal: January 2018..


Hey,

So as I love notes, journals, pens and all things stationery related, I have been considering trying out bullet journaling for a while.

I finally bit the bullet (sorry..) and spent some of the Christmas break doing extensive research about how my journal would work and what I wanted it to look like.

I started using a Traveller's Notebook last year and I love the format. I also got this new Webster's Pages TN in the Black Friday Studio Calico sale ($9) So I bought a mixed media TN insert and utilised this for my new bullet journal.

I do not have the tidiest handwriting so this was part of my concern about bullet journaling, but so far it doesn't look too bad.

One of the things I learnt during my research phase is that every Month doesn't have to look the same. I like this, variety is the spice of life.

I started by drawing a rough sketch and figuring out what I really wanted, I decided that sections for a monthly calendar, goals of the month (self-shaming..) and highlights of the month, were a must have.

I also thought it would be fun to add Monster of the Month. Partly because I love Monsters and have a huge Monster/Alien stamp collection and also because I am a crafter, there had to be a stamp and colour element for me. Underneath my January Monster is 'Monster Facts' LOL. For January its a little blurb about the stamp, he's an Alien and he is from my first ever Alien/Monster stamp set from 2012.

As you can see I have x3 'spare' boxes - I am using one for 'To Do List' and the other two I have no plans for right now..

I added colour to my page with Zigs and a paintbrush, I like how it came out, feels like a frosty January and it sure is that here in NYC right now!!

I might add something to the top right hand corner, but we'll see...

Cx



2 comments:

  1. Claire, I have dabbled in this bullet journal thing and I did lots of research, too. Don't know why I feel like it has to look perfect, so I hesitate to do it...but you have inspired me! I LOVE this layout and your doodly feel...this is my idea of a fun bullet journal spread! Love the "Monster of the Month" feature, too! Happy New Year to you and I look forward to seeing more bulet journal spreads!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep looking at journaling and have even purchased a journal but haven't got a clue what I want to do with it! Congratulations on making a start on yours, it looks great and I love the monster facts x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx