Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge #73.. Boo!


Hey,

Welcome to another fantastic Retro Rubber challenge.

This is a popular theme here in the US - Halloween..



I celebrate my Wedding Anniversary on 31st of October, so Halloween means something completely different, but it does mean that Hubby knows when he sees Pumpkins..time to start thinking about our Anniversary LOL.

I chose to use a fave stamp set by Simon Says Stamp - Trick or Treat.. I've had it for just over a year, I bought it with my birthday money last year, because I wanted to make a card for my Nephew and Niece.

I thought using a red background would suit the Cat-ula stamp and heat embossed the sentiment onto the red background. I decided to use a wobbler sticker for my Cat-ula, but he didn't pop that well, so I added a background behind it. If you look closely you will realise that it's mini bats - by Your Next Stamp (Batty Background Splatter).

I love how the gold edge of the card blank makes the whole thing pop, a great addition to my slowly growing Halloween card pile.

Check out what my awesome teammates have made over at Retro Rubber and show us your interpretation of the sketch.

Don't forget to use a stamp older than a year on your project and tell us all about it, that is a big part of the Retro Rubber fun. Also please feel free to combine our challenge with others, but keep it to a maximum of 10 challenges including ours.

Challenge ends on October 20th.

Cx

6 comments:

  1. I love him! Brilliant card. What a great way to get hubby to remember your anniversary. Ours is on the 20th October, but I bet hubby will forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much fun! The batty background does help Cat-ula stand out. The red cardstock is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your card is non-traditional in color and that kitty is wonderful even though he's trying to be scary. Those bats were a great detail and the sentiment is gorgeous! I'm happy that you have something else to celebrate on that day! Happy Anniversary! (Go buy those pumpkins! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous day for an Anniversary, how can he forget, the reminders are EVERYWHERE!!!!!
    Love this sweet "Bat/Cat", the wee bats behind him are an awesome detail.
    Hope you don't get Halloween candy for your Anniversary, LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cat is priceless - he looks like some kind of weird superhero wannabe! You're right with the bats helping him to stand out. I do like the non-traditional colours you've picked too. Best of all is that sprawling script of the greeting. Thanks for your compliments about my blending but I bet you don't have any issues there - although at trip to NYC sounds pretty appealing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That swirly sentiment (and cute kitty) is so fun !

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx