Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge #72 Transportation..


Hey,

Time for another fun challenge from the Retro Rubber team.

This is one of my fave themes - 

I decided my focus would be the travel part and I would have a kind of 'where's wally?' thing going on with my Taxi. Also the best thing about living in NYC is Yellow Cabs, so I had to use one.

The masked circle was a technique that JT and I practiced in Margate, I thought it would work well here. The Statue of Liberty, Apples,Taxi and sentiment are from Kelly's NYC set by Hero Arts from early 2016, so about 18mths old.

I recently bought the bridge die second-hand and I thought it made a great focal point for my Taxi to travel over!

The bling is covering a few spots of ink, love a bling fix!

I love this card, it looks a bit like a snowglobe I think. I was seriously tempted to keep it, but instead I sent it to a good friend.

Show us what your fave mode of transportation is and pop over to Retro Rubber and be inspired by my teammates.

Don't forget to use a stamp older than a year on your project and tell us all about it, that is a big part of the Retro Rubber fun. Also please feel free to combine our challenge with others, but keep it to a maximum of 10 challenges including ours.

Challenge ends on Oct. 6th.

Cx



5 comments:

  1. Claire, I've never been to NYC before so a trip to the Big Apple is a must.
    Love your card, all the elements that say New York are there, love the pop of red of those apples.
    Fab card, teammie.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to NY either so I enjoyed seeing the Big Apple icons. Love the bridge marching itself right off the edge of the card! Great card, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really big fan of this card and the use of the masked distress ink bubble! Fantastic use of that bridge die. I'm swooning a bit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the Big Apple (or the "hurry up and wait" city as I call it) is the capital of taxi cabs so this card is absolutely adorable. Love that die! You will get lots of use from that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card, although I am slightly worried that he's going to drive off the edge of the bridge, but at least there's no other traffic for him to cause a traffic jam! LOL x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx