Saturday, September 2, 2017

Margate Craftathon 2017: Part Four...


Hey,

Happy Saturday - I am probably in Mexico as you are reading this.

Nearly there with the Margate series of posts..just a couple more to go..I mean this is what happens when you make 24 cards!

Today's post is all about stencils.

I took a load as did JT and we mixed and matched and played with different techniques.

Main photo was to show JT what her new pot of Glitter paste would look like - sparkly is what! I love Glitter paste, its amazing.  The thank you die is JT's and I had to buy the set when I got home, because I used it SO much over that weekend (she's lucky I didn't pinch it!).

Below I used a different stencil - Dina Wakely - and just a mustard seed oxide ink. Simple, but so wonderful.


The final card didn't photograph as well as I had hoped. I used texture paste through a Tim Holtz leaf stencil and then blended over it once it was dry. The sentiment die is from that set that JT brought with her..

Fun to play with stencils, I am still slightly embarrassed by how long it took me to get the hang of them and now they are used all the time!

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards, glad you mastered the fun of stencils!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx