Saturday, October 22, 2016

Craftgang Playdate..


Hey,

So last Saturday, the Craftgang (as I like to call us) gathered at Jamey's studio for a little shoebox make session, along with food and gossip.

SO MUCH FOOD.. I totally overate LOL..But it was all so yummy and I didn't have time for breakfast!

The idea behind a shoebox make is that each person brings a thing for everyone to make, complete with all the tools etc.. Then you go home with x things - awesome!

The main photo today is my make..I kept it simple and I am really pleased with it.

I used x3 distress inks on a craft mat, spritzed them and then smooshed my paper in it and dried it and repeated this process until I liked the pattern / splatter / mess I had!

I then used a Stampin' Up hexagon punch to punch x7 hexagons. The longest part of this card was trying to figure out where to place the hexagons to get the best pattern...

The giant Hello is by Simon Says Stamp.

Because my card was so easy kitting it up was simples, card blank, watercolour stock, die-cut Hello - too easy man!

Here are all the things we made...

Lisette's Mermaid Mixed Media Frame
Jocelyn's Fairy
Jamey's Sassy Lady
Ava's Flamingo
Cheiron's WTF girl
Tiffany's Bunny Friends.
They are all so different and Lisette's mixed media project had us all oohing and aahing. Even though we had a card to follow, we all added a few individual changes here and there, so none of the cards are alike.

Sorry about my lack of technique, what did we use, etc, but the post is already long enough, message me if you want more deets or leave a comment.

Such a fun way to spend a Saturday, with the ladies that randomly adopted me and gave me back something I'd been missing.

Love you craftgang.

Can't wait for the next one.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx