Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Happy Birthday to Jade...and me...


Hey,

So today is my birthday and I share it with a very good friend Jade who lives in Australia..

Jade is in the midst of home renovations, so I will be sending her a gift later in the year.

Today I thought I'd share something that is NOT a card...

It's pretty similar to something I'd make for Jade :)

Michael's had a big canvas sale a while back and I really liked the newsprint ones, so I bought a few of them in various sizes.

This one I kept simple, I added a stripe of glittery paint and pink paint, let that dry and then added some texture paste through a heart stencil.

The wooden 'Happy' is also from Michael's and I painted it black, so it would stand out.

I affixed the word to the canvas using Glossy Accents..so very versatile.

I love how it came out, a fun little gift for a friend (not Jade..)

I'm off to dinner at my fave Greek tonight, with my Dad and some of my friends - fun times.

Thank you to everyone for your lovely cards and presents, I felt very loved and spoiled this morning.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Yay, that's ME!!

    You're right, we are in the midst of renovations. I'm am totally postponing my birthday, so I can celebrate in a new kitchen, rather than the make-do set up we have going on at the moment. The end result is definitely worth the pain...but sheesh, I'm ready to start living again!!

    Thank you for the card for Jackson. He/we loved it. They love receiving envelops from New York. One day it might even be a card from spiderman...in the meantime, they are happy to receive something from "mum's friend who lives in new york"!

    Think of you lots. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Claire, gorgeous idea for your canvas, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And of course....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really neat, I love it. The little texture hearts are great and I love that you used Glossy Accents as glue - remember how that's only been our lives as an adhesive for a few months?! Great project for your birthday, sorry I'm a few days behind! x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx