Friday, September 16, 2016

Christmas Playdate..


Hey,

Happy Friday!!

Last Sunday when I got back from Mexico, JT and I had a great playdate (she has already posted her cards), we originally set out to try a technique we had seen - essentially a resist, but using your fingers..

But it morphed into a elaborate Christmas card make / gossip / sangria / coffee session.

The main card is my fave, because that giant Tree background stamp by Hero Arts has been my nemesis for 3 years..I kept trying to use him, but he never worked as I imagined he would. This time he delivered GOLD!!!
The bright red die-cut sentiment is perfect and I have JT to thank as she gifted the dies to me - by Tim Holtz.

The next four cards all use the same resist watercolour, but I finished them off in slightly different ways.



Does something ever really annoy you? The Christmas die above annoys me, Christmas is not one big die cut and I hate matching it up..sorry mini rant there!!

I love the bluey tones of this card though, the snowflakes really pop.

The next 3 cards use a great stamp by Lawn Fawn, I fell in love with it last year (I have WAY too many Christmas stamps)..


Fun times, I love a playdate with my girl, it makes things better always.

Have a great weekend, I am going to be hanging out with friends and hubby and playing at my desk.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. These are BRILLIANT, Claire! Love that technique. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy with the Christmas Cards Claire! these are all awesome… you sure do have some beautiful Christmas stamps… I especially love the partridge in pear tree one! ;-)
    Lots of Hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx