Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Retro Rubber #36...It's raining...

Hey,
Welcome to another great challenge from the Retro Rubber team.

This time our theme is 'It's raining!' - make a card, using a water theme.


I had a few great ideas, but changed my mind part way through!

The girl is a stamp from 2015, so she is a bit new, but I like to combine new with old and a lot of my older stamps are sentiments, objects and flowers :) I have got braver with my stamp buying over time.

The sentiment is from 2013 and by Hero Arts, the rain drops are by Pink Paislee and are from 2014.

The sentiment might seem like an odd choice, but for me being out in the rain is awesome..I actually miss the rain I get in my homeland (England)..weird right?

Your turn to get creative and play along. but first go to Retro Rubber and check out the great creations by my talented teammates.

Remember to use a stamp older than a year and tell us about it too.

Challenge ends on April 22nd.

Cx

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute image and lovely card design. The way you've added her hat is fab. Now, I'm not suggesting anything but are those Australian raindrops in the background?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, your card is just the cutest!! this little girl looks like my granddaughter Vanessa when she was about 4 or 5, skinny legs and always itching to go play in the rain. I remember once my hubby was washing the van out in our driveway and it started to rain, well.....needless to say, Vanessa ran out in her flip flops and both of them continued washing the van, she got soaked and lucky it was one of those great warm and rainy days of Summer.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great greeting, she's having a great time in the rain! I know what you mean about getting braver with stamps. She's a great feature stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! But first I have to send Cara an LOL for her comment on the Australian raindrops - thanks for a good chuckle with my first cup of coffee! So you are missing England so much that you even miss the rainy weather? Sounds like you are headed home soon (yes, you are!)!! Hope you have a great trip!! I will look at your card and send you happy thoughts, rain or shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, that means I like Australian raindrops also... I never even noticed because that is the direction that I place them. Claire, your girl is adorable! Love the fussy cut hat! The last couple of times when in England, I will admit it was not so rainy as I remembered as a child. Now, Ireland was a different story, LOL... but I loved every moment anyway. Enjoy your visit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - I love the rain! And this lil chick is super adorable with the lovely raindrops! A treat for my eyes! Enjoy London!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx