Thursday, April 14, 2016

One stamp four ways...

Hey,

Every now and then I like to choose a stamp, stencil or die and spend a couple of hours making things with that item as the focus.

This time I chose the Brushstrokes background stamp by Stampin' Up.

I wanted the background on the main card to look like the sea, so I applied a variety of blue distress inks directly to the stamp and spritzed it with water, then I laid my cardstock on the stamp and hoped for the best :) The anchor is a new punch I got in a closeout sale and the sentiment I have had for nearly 7 years!

I made four quite different cards -

Kaleidacolor ink, SSS Sentiment, Lawn Fawn wood star, painted with distress paints and glitter
Distress Ink, Studio Calico wooden words, Lawn Fawn wooden stars, painted with Hero Arts paint dauber 
Distress Ink, Avery Elle pineapple die, Poppy Stamps glasses die, Crate Paper sentiment, Paper scrap
I'm pleased with how they have all come out, I think I like the background on the pineapple card the best. I like the faded out feel of the yellow.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. I think these are great, your color choices are super and I think that technique came out really well. Always makes me nervous to do the spritz technique but you chose well here! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way your cards came out. Great idea to spend time focusing one one item. I think my favourite is the you rock card, but it's a tough choice! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could feel our kindred spirits talking with each other this week as we both did direct to stamp /spritz techniques! I love all of these, Claire! That's a great stamp to use as a faux watercolored background!! And go you for making a few cards at a time while you have everything out! I started out the year fine doing that, but now I've gone back to my old habit of just fixating on a design, making just the one card, and then being so happy it turned out that I close up shop on it. I'm so stupid! Thank you for the reminder! I hope you are doing well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely comments from you all - the spritzing makes me nervous, but its always worth it :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards! I love what you did and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx