Monday, April 25, 2016

Flower Halves...


Hey,

Happy Monday and welcome back to posts from NYC!!

This is my 960th post!!! I guess when I get to 1,000 I should do something special / fun..watch this space.

I had a fun week in London, super busy work wise, but fun to hang with my family, friends and colleagues.

I love flower stamps and I recently acquired two new sets. I decided it would be fun to make cards that were CAS in essence and predominately used one side of the white panel.

The main card today uses a great set by Simon Says Stamp - I bought it at Jenn's fleamarket and I'm so glad I did..I can see it's going to get a lot of use.

I used three inks that I felt worked well together and stamped the flowers on one side of the card. I ummed and aahed about adding leaves, but went with it in the end.

The sentiment fits perfectly and I swear that was accidental.

The next card uses a Stampin' Up Sale-a-bration stamp set that I got when I bought JT and I a few gifts :)


There are lots of these kinds of flower stamps around right now - the kind where you stamp the flower in parts in different colours to get the contrast.

I really like them and I got an Altenew set like this when I was at home last week, as a magazine freebie.

The sentiment on this card is by Impression Obsession, the set is fast becoming a fave.

I am looking forward to playing with these sets a bit more now I am home and I'll be experimenting with the half card idea a bit more.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. I like both of these, I think using the stamp to make a patterned paper/border is genius. Feels very CAS and sharp. Really like the colors on the headline card, love me some orange x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the composition of these and very impressive stamping to allow space for the sentiment! Glad you managed to get your mitts on the freebie stamp and die set. Have fun playing, Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx