Saturday, April 16, 2016

60th Birthday Butterfly..


Hey,

I am in London now, hanging with my folks.

My Ma loved the main card from this post so much that she asked me to make something similar for a friend.

So as it was going to be a CASE I wanted to change it a bit, so it wasn't identical.

I used a Tim Holtz stencil and randomly applied the texture paste through it.

The butterfly is a fave die by Poppy Stamps, that I don't use as often as I should! I channelled my inner Cheiron and put distress inks onto my craft mat, spritzed them and then smushed the paper into the inky mess, dried it and die-cut it.

It came out way better than I expected - yay me!

Here is a close-up for you -


I was planning on cutting the numbers out of the left over inky paper, but when I went to get the number dies, the 60 you see was waiting in the die pouch..it was meant to be.

To jazz it up a bit I added some bling (of course).

I love it. I have to try and make more butterflies using this method, but you know they will all come out horrid!

Ma loves it too, so all is well :)

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Love this card. The 60 was definitely meant to be, it works perfectly. Enjoy spending time with your family and the good old British weather! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, You!! It is a very sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow.. this is gorgeous Claire! LOVE the colours and textures…. you are the Queen of CAS my friend!! ;-)
    Hope you are keeping well
    Have a lovely weekend
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one gorgeous butterfly! Your card is beautiful--love the embossing paste background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is wonderful! I love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx