Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Scrap Cards...


Hey, 

I am away on holiday this week with Hubby. 

So this is a scheduled post. I am using the time to show you some of the things that I made during the Superstorm when I had an epic weekend at my desk.

I love scraps of paper, but last year I organised them so that I was only keeping sensible scraps that could become something.

I also like to keep sensible die-cut pieces..I'll show more of that tomorrow.

My two cards today are all scraps or items that were kicking around on my desk.

The main card uses a scrap of paper that I used to cut Tim Holtz pattern strip dies from and a scalloped heart that was already punched.  The white square was already die-cut and kicking around on my desk.

I dug out my Simon Says Stamp Happy and Smile stamp set and stamped the sentiment using a co-ordinating red ink.

The card blanks for both cards were cut by me from SSS cardkit cardstock (I keep all the cardstock from the kits and cut cardblanks now and then)

This feels like a fun anniversary card, for a fun couple.

The second card was designed around the colour of the card blank, so I used all the same scrap elements as before, but used a purple heart (love that it is corrugated card) I added a patterned square that is an offcut from a Pretty Pink Posh die.

I made this card a birthday card I used the same SSS set for the Happy, but used a fave stamp by Technique Tuesday for the birthday. I deliberately overlapped the words because it felt like real handwriting.

What do you do with your scraps?

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx