Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Retro Rubber Challenge #32...Winter...


Hey,

Time for another awesome challenge from the Retro Rubber  team.

This time with have a Winter theme for you...


I decided to break out my Simon Says Stamp Jan 2015 cardkit, as it was Winter themed, I thought it would be fun to use it.

I loved the papers in the set and chose one of my faves for the front of my shaker card.

As I have a Fuse tool, making shaker pouches is easy peasy. This one I filled with Blue Topaz shaker mix by Lucy Abrams - I love her sequin mixes.

I cut a co-ordinating frame using Simon Says Stamp square stitched dies - a frame helps cover the oops I made when attaching the shaker pouch :)

I die-cut the Lawn Fawn thanks from a scrap that matched the sentiment banner (die by Simon Says Stamp) the sentiment is from the Jan 2015 cardkit too.

I was pleased with how my card turned out and so it went to my in-laws to thank them for their thoughtful Christmas gifts.

Now it's your turn, what wintery creation are you going to share with us? Get inspired over at Retro Rubber  by the rest of my teammates.

Remember to use a stamp over a year and make sure you tell us how old it is. Challenge ends on February 26th.

Cx

7 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Claire! I love your shaker card for a winter card. The DSP is perfect!! I had to look up the Fuse Tool (hadn't heard of it!) and now HAVE to get one. What other tools are you holding back from me??? I must know! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Claire. But I believe you posted another shaker card some time back which is why I already knew about the Fuse Tool. Still resisting since I don't make many shaker cards, but that just might change. Anyway, I love the bling and the sentiment... sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is nice. I need to join, I have an idea that this card has inspired me to make. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, I love, LOVE shaker cards, they are so much fun to make and to receive. Now, I might have to get the Fuse adhesive, I hear it's really good and strong. Love all the bling inside the shaker, lovely colors.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh - I love this card! The colors! The bokah, the shaker! I adore! PS - I have the fuse - only way to make a shaker card!! (I read your comment on Debbie's blog!) Enable away my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, love your card and who doesn't like a shaker card!!! I love my fuse too, for a while there I was making shaker cards, I need to pull it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to come and make shaker cards with you! I love this! I am shaker card challenged! Please send help! Your card is so fun and spirited! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx