Friday, February 5, 2016

Holibobs and Weddings...

Hey,

Happy Friday!

So Hubby and I are off to London at the end of next month for the wedding of a good friend.

We are going to take some time off and have a little holibob on the way..Amsterdam here we come..

I wanted to make the happy couple a special card and their invitation served as inspiration.

Their invite is navy and a bronzed colour..I have the navy, so started there..

I used a Sizzix doily die that I got a couple of years ago in a Black Friday sale. I love it, but it's so fiddly that I don't use it very often..

I used the doily as my base and die-cut a stitched circle in kraft card that would fit in the centre.

I decided to use stamps from Simon Says Stamp Congratulations stamp set.

After testing various embossing powders and inks, I settled on the navy inks with the heat embossed ranger metallic powder for the contrast.

I heat embossed the navy sentiment onto vellum and fussy cut it out..hugely disappointed by the white foam squares, so if anyone can give me a tip here I'd be very grateful.

I love the card, it feels really vintage and was exactly what was in my mind.

Have a great weekend. I am looking forward to the Superbowl on Sunday.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx