Friday, October 30, 2015

Where has the year gone?


Hey, 

Happy Friday and Happy Birthday to the lovely Mr Mike Nixon who is 60 today!!

As I was writing this post I realised that it is almost November and that the year is almost over..how did that happen?

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and it seems like only yesterday that Hubby and I were heading off on our Anniversamoon..

Anyway...I have really enjoyed this month's Simon Says Stamp cardkit, it is so versatile and I have done lots with it.

This time I decided to play with the journaling cards that came in the kit. You can make a card out of anything :)

I really wanted to show off all of the beautiful papers, so was careful to choose cards that made the beautiful background papers pop. 

I punched and embossed a flower, using an ancient flower punch / emboss set that is shared between myself and JT. The sentiment stamps are not from the kit, but are by Simon Says Stamp.

The card below is my fave I think..I love the pink typewriter and I know my sentiment doesn't fit, but I love it. You can't see it, but the background paper has shimmery bits all over it. 


The final card for today has so much going on, with the 2 clashing patterns, but I like it..busy can be good sometimes..I heat embossed the sentiment, but I should have gone with a darker colour..no matter, it still works in the flesh..just not so good in the photo.


Have a great weekend, Hubby and I are off to D.C to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! what fab cards Claire… I couldn't pick a favourite as they are all so gorgeous! Love the papers that you've used and your layouts are all so perfectly balanced.
    Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog!
    I agree about this year…. where did it go?
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend - Happy Anniversary to you both! ;-)
    Love Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your combos here. The colors of all are so nice...I think the typewriter works really well with that greeting, and the heart bursting out of the lines is incredibly well thought out. These are a win but I think the bottom is my favourite. x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx