Sunday, September 20, 2015

NYC Playdate Part 1...


Hey,

So here I am in London, finally posting some of the cards that JT and I made LAST Sunday on our NYC playdate.

What a hoot that was - so much fun to have JT and her hubby here with us and for JT to finally get a proper play with my stash - how I miss the playdates we used to have when we were both in London.

The headline card is my fave out of this batch...

I used a fun technique of inking a stamp with Distress Ink and spritzing it with water and then you lay the paper ontop..

I then die-cut this using butterfly dies by Xcut. The sentiment is a freebie from Quick Cards that my Ma bought me - isn't it gorgeous!

The next card uses my new fave pineapple background stamp. I thought it went well with my new Avocado Arts Flamingo. The sentiment is by WPlus9. 

This card feels really Summery to me.


I bought the great new stamp and die set by Simon Says Stamp & Mama Elephant - Skater Kids. It is part of the special Stamptember releases and I wanted it so badly, I bought it online from Mexico!!

I love the fact that all the animals and shorts are interchangeable. The little skid marks are fun too. All the sentiments I used are from the set.

I kept the card simple to showcase the skating dog!


Final card in this epic post - using a great Simon Says Stamp die. I die cut it using 4 sheets of patterned paper by My Mind's Eye and a brown outline piece. JT and I got a set each and we pieced them together. 

I added another one of the great freebie stamps from Quick Cards and this card really does make me smile and feel happy.


I am so happy with all of these cards, can't wait to show you part 2.

You can see JT's cards here and here.

Cx

1 comment:

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx