Thursday, August 6, 2015

Simon Says Stamp - August Card Kit...


Hey,

Following on from the fun class last Friday, I thought I'd try a couple of the techniques alongside my SSS Aug cardkit.

I am super pleased with the end result.

It was also very easy to make.

I started by die-cutting a piece of Ranger watercolour card, using a MFT stitched rectangle die.

I used clear embossing powder to heat emboss Summer onto my die-cut piece. This formed the anchor for all the other items.

I used the blending technique that Cheiron taught me on Friday and coloured the panel using 3 colours of distress ink - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Peacock Feathers. It actually turned out well..I still need practice..

To finish off the card, I stamped Hello and used the sunshine die, both of which came in the cardkit. I also stamped a sun (see him peeking in) using a weird thank you stamp I have...

I wanted the inked panel to be the hero, so kept the backing paper simple, but with enough detail for the inked panel to pop.

I am looking forward to more playing with this fun kit.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Claire,I love your blended background - magic!Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background and I don't believe for one second that this was an easy card. Teach me the background technique in a week? :) x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx