Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Retro Rubber #21...Back to school...




Hey,

It's time for another awesome challenge from the Retro Rubber team.


Back to school!! This was a bit tricky for me - partly because I am English and we don't do the whole back to school cards / gifts thing and also I don't have kids..

Fortunately the Retro Rubber ladies came to my rescue with oodles of great tips.

I decided to make a card for a teenager or a teacher returning to school (infact it has gone to a teacher friend of mine).

I kept my card pretty simple, I love the American Crafts paper I used for the background, it felt very back to school. The globe blueprint is by Tim Holtz and I have a whole set of them that I have had for 2 years.

I added Tim Holtz stickers and a SSS die cut banner with the word School added to it using big sparkly alpha stickers.

I love how the whole thing came together..not bad considering my initial wobble!

Now it is your turn to show us your fab projects, but first go to Retro Rubber  and see the fun makes by my talented teammates.

Don't forget to use a stamp older than a year (and tell us about it, that's part of the fun). Challenge runs until August 28th.

Cx

8 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! how fab this is Claire!!! LOVE the image and paper… and the wonderful words… and the gold School sentiment is just perfect and adds real pizazz ! :-)
    Hope you have a good day!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the designer paper and all of your school details... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clair . . . you hit this one out of the park! The sentiment is great with the Tim Holtz image. How inspiring for your teacher friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Claire Bear! You rocked this one! Talk about a cool sentiment and that paper! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is perfectly done, especially because you had no clue what the theme was regarding! LOL I have to say that you nailed it perfectly and love your choices of stamps paper and colors! Love it! Now, would you please come "home"??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Claire: I absolutely love the words you put on this card, totally fantastic and inspirational. The alphabet paper is just awesome, perfect background for your image.
    Thank you for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with this back-to-school challenge, Claire! I hope you are having a marvelous time back home in England! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you did ghe sentiment, the colors and the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx