Monday, August 17, 2015

Friends with techniques...



 Hey,

So I loved class at the Inkpad a few weeks ago, I really wanted to try out some of the techniques Cheiron taught us and I also felt that the Gelli plate needed an outing.

I also wanted to use my new Mama Elephant stamps and die (bought at the Inkpad), to make a few cards for some of my friends.

Here are the four cards that I made -


They were a lot of fun to make.

Card 1 - Technique used - ink onto a stencil (Stampin' Up), spritz with water, flip over onto your paper - EEK!! 

Card 2 - I used a gelli plate here - first time - love the result. Stencil is by 

Card 3 - Technique used - apply stain through a stencil (Hero Arts) and then spritz with water and dry.

Card 4 - Technique used - apply white distress paint through a stencil (Simon says stamp), using a dabber. When dry blend ink over the paint for a resist.

I used a lot of  things, as you can probably tell... Ranger distress inks, stains and paints. Bling by Simon says stamp and papermania. Card blanks by American Crafts. MFT stitched oval and rectangle dies.

So much fun to make and a really great first outing for my new Mama Elephant stamps and die.

Cx




1 comment:

  1. Ooh these are gorgeous cards Claire! I love all the different techniques that you've used here… I need to start getting messy again and try new things! you've created very beautiful backgrounds… and love the Friend stamp! :-))
    Hope you have a good week my friend
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx