Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Freebie Funtime...


Hey,

Sorry, just realised that the title of my post might be mis-leading.... no freebies,just me playing with freebies :)

In the UK our craft magazines come with a freebie every month, stamps, dies, papers, etc.

Generally it is a great way to increase the variety in your stash and not spend a great deal of money.

On my last trip home, I went craft magazine crazy, as all the freebies were so great. JT and I had the same idea - she bought me the magazine that had these stamps on -


But I had already bought it LOL, so Ma got a gift to bolster her fledgling craft kit.

The main card today uses the peacock from this set and I actually stamped and coloured this in JT's craft room when I was snooping staying at her house.

It is the first time I have tried adding a thin colour halo around a stamped image and I love the result. The whole thing was coloured with Distress Inks and an aqua brush.

Next up is a card made using a fan stamp from this set -


I decided it would be fun to use the fan to make a background. I really like the end result.


Once again coloured using Distress Inks and an aquabrush. Big fan of this technique.

I love freebies..especially when the stamps are as gorgeous as these ones.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this is gorgeous Claire… such a fab Peacock and you've coloured it beautifully! Love the halo… it really makes the image pop! and wow! that fan background looks really awesome!
    Ah I am SO bad with the magazines!! I just can't resist the free gifts!! I have way too many mags piling up.. Lol
    Hope you have a good day!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we please talk about this fan card? I love it. I love the colors, the pattern-making, the everything. It's ace. I am a big fan of the bird card as well, we are going to get a lot of mileage out of that.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx