Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WOYWW #307..My craft room exploded...


Hey,

Happy WOYWW.

My craft room didn't really explode it just looks like it!

I'm showing you my desk because it's that fab time of the week where we get to join the lovely Julia over at her blog Stamping Ground and have a global desk nosy..

My desk photo was taken around 11pm on Tues evening. I got home at about 9.15ish after a dinner date with Hubby (yummy burgers at Umami Burger) and got straight to work at my desk.

I wanted to finish my April tags for the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015 and some Mother's Day cards that need to get delivered this week!

You can see my new die storage system. I was looking for a die and realised I needed to take a photo of my desk, so multi-tasked (I am a Project Manager after all).
The binder is supposed to be a recipe binder, it came with a lot of fab pockets, which make perfect die storage. I cut down the dividers to use in the extra pockets I bought (the blue gingham paper you see is the dividers) waste not, want not! The whole thing cost $9 including the extra pockets - score! America based ladies the binder came from Burlington?!

I popped into my local craft store on Monday and went a bit spendy, spendy, but the good news is that I also signed up for a Mixed Media card making class in 2 weeks.

I've labelled the rest of the mess items for your pleasure!

Here are a couple of fun cards that I made for OWH, there are 8 of them in total in a few different colours.


Thanks again everyone for the lovely kind words about my broken foot (you guys are the best!). It is on the mend and I am now as slow as a retired Greyhound!

A special shout out to Darnell, who sent me a wonderful card to help me stop wallowing in my own misery - I mean it was my fault after all - the wall doesn't move!

Cx


12 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing
    happy woyww have a great week
    Mrs. C.x #2
    http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/woyww-april-22nd-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great die storage. I don't have many flat ones like that or I could copy your idea. have a great week Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea to use that recipe binder to store your dies! That gives me the idea of looking for some old recipe boxes to repurpose to store small stamps in!

    Happy WOYWW to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It that is an explosion, then my desk usually is an atomic bomb site! Today mine is not too bad though! I should take random shots throughout the week so you can see the eb and flow of chaos! #18

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is your foot? Walking into a wall...seems like it should be your head that was injured most! No really, I get what you mean. Ouch. Project Manager - should have guessed, you always seem to be organised to me, even when you say you aren't! Liking the new dies, having trouble staying away from the spring releases!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have now reminded me of all the other things I need to do Lol! Great way to organise the dies and should be easy to find. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 30

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your storage system looks very fun and organised. We crafters are so creative to come up with amazing ideas for storage - that's just in our genes! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #38

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your craft room looks fab Claire! great that you've managed to organise your dies so well. I love your Miss You cards… lovely bright and cheery colours… especially like the patterned edge borders! :-)
    Hope you have a lovely evening!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and not feeling sorry for yourself. I'm impressed with you die storage! Good idea. (I wish I would find bargains like that)... and I smiled that after getting that bargain you went spendy spendy. lol.
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#19

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got my eyes fixated on your big collection of pens in the upper left corner! Hee Hee Great workspace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx so much for the visit earlier. Huggggs from newton. Luv in your explosion for the week, so much creativity can not be contained.
    Happy WOYWW
    pat #12

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claire, I'm on catch up and working backwards through the week! Wow your dies look so organised! Love your cheerful cards, super design..glad your foot is on the mend, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx