Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WOYWW #305....Trying Bokeh..

Hey,

Happy WOYWW to you all..

I am at home today, as I broke 2 toes and a metatarsal bone...long story, lets just say its painful and I feel foolish.

Join in the WOYWW fun, by popping over to Julia's blog Stamping Ground and desk nose with the rest of us.

My desk is unable to be photographed, as I cannot find my memory card..doh..

So instead I am showing you the Bokeh technique that I tried at the weekend. It seems to be everywhere. I found a couple of great tutorials on YouTube (my enabler) and rolled up my sleeves ready to get messy..

The one on the left is a bit subtle, I think my background colours were too light. The one on the right is way better, but I will need more practice.

I made 4 cards, 2 from each sheet.

From the left sheet I made these 2 cards -

Bokeh Background, Watercoloured butterfly stamp, SSS thank you stamp

Bokeh background, SSS celebrate you stamp

From the right sheet -

Bokeh background, Lawn Fawn Die, SSS age stamp
Bokeh Background, SSS happy birthday stamp
Super simple to make and use my stash and the backgrounds in different ways. It was fun to learn a new technique, that uses what I already have.

All the stamps except the Thank You are from the Simon Says Stamp April cardkit.

Cx




12 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, so sorry to hear that you've broken your toes… it sounds really painful… hope you can rest up and feel bit better soon.
    your cards are all awesome… the backgrounds are SO pretty! I will have to watch the tutorial later.
    Take care of yourself hun
    Sending huge hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read about that technique too; I think they look great but agree i like the 2nd better. But they both worked into beautiful cards! Take care of yourself! Heal well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I bet that's painful! So sorry to hear about that mishap. How awful.
    Your bokeh has turned out beautiful. The finished cards are really lovely. Well done. I have been watching those videos too but I haven't made anything yet.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#19

    ReplyDelete
  4. feel for you! I broke my cuboid and calcaneous footbones at the start of feb and am still on a crutch... make the most of your rest time. I spent hours on you tube learning new things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love both of them. I don't think either one is too light. They are perfect and make great backgrounds. I hope you heal quickly. April #62

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear you broke your toes and metatarsal bone that must be really painful, elevating it will help. Stick a foot stool under your desk and put your foot up and craft away, no walking on it, craft instead you have the best excuse possible to stay at your desk. I do love the backgrounds you have created for your cards, they are awesome. Now I am going to have to research the technique and give it a go myself. Thanks for sharing and do take care and rest.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cards, this is a great technique and I must check it out. Sorry to hear about the toes, I can image it is very uncomfortable. However it seems like a good excuse to spend more time crafting. Take care, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry gorgotten to leave the number, Angela x 24

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cool. Looks like lights in the rain to me. Will have to give it a whirl.

    Happy WOYWW, thanks for sharing
    Pat #54

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Claire. I hope you are doing ok!! Love these cards. You did a great job with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Bokeh backgrounds and the cards you made - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOH Claire, sorry to hear you have broken your toes...hadn't read this when I sent you the email yesterday, you probably wondered why I didn't mention it...feel better soon hun X I love your cards, fab colouring of the butterfly, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx