Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Retro Rubber #12...Embellishment Challenge..Brads..



Hey,

Welcome to part two of another fun Retro Rubber challenge.

This time it's a venture back into the embellishment zone - 


Like eyelets, my love affair with brads waned and I cast them aside..recently I have been toying with using them again. This challenge gave me the perfect excuse.

I wanted to use 2 things that were on my desk already - the gelato stamped tag and the happy beads. I am loving stamping with Gelatos right now and I bought the letter beads when I was at home in London in January.

I embossed a piece of white cardstock using a gingham embossing folder. I put a tiny piece of washi tape just off to the left, just under the embossing. 

Once I had fixed the tag to the card, I added the happy beads and secured them with teeny tiny little red brads. I used an earring wire for the beads and cut it down to size and created an additional loop, making it easy to affix to the card with brads.

I stamped birthday in red, to coordinate with the tape and the tag.

Fun techniques and a fun result.

Now its your turn. But first hop on over to Retro Rubber and check out the fab creations from the rest of the team. 

Remember to use a stamp older than a year on your project and the challenge ends on April 29th.

Cx

8 comments:

  1. I so want to try this! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and color choices. Anyone would be pleased to receive this cheery birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like this Claire… you do CAS so beautifully… I love the embossing and the gorgeous stamped tag… and the HAPPY beads and brads are just perfect!! :-))
    Hope you have a lovely evening!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet details, Claire. Love your choice of colors and textures! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very cool card! That tag had me looking at it so many times. Love the brads holding the beaded sentiment. Wonderful CAS look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card...you reminded me I have some of those letter beads in one of my bead boxes! Super colours, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey woman! This is GREAT! I LOVE those colors - I want that image! Your card is awesome as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, this is super cute! I love all of the elements and techniques. My favorite part... the embossed strip behind the images. Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx