Thursday, April 23, 2015

Moving Along With The Times...Lets Get Reading..

Hey,

It's time for another great challenge over at Moving Along With The Times..It's Hazel's turn and she has a fab challenge for us - Let's Get Reading..Use a page from a book or the title of your fave book.

One of my Simon Says Stamp card kits last year was all about books, libraries, etc and there were some great papers including the one on my card, featuring a page from Around The World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne. Strangely enough one of my fave books!

It's also not a small book, so I think the stamp from the SSS stamp set really worked here.

Because I wanted to showcase the beautiful book page, I decided to go lo-key on the embellishing. I die cut a stitched tag from a SSS stitched die set, stamped the sentiment on it and attached it to the page using mini staples.

I also used mini staples for a finishing touch around a couple of the edges of my card.

Pop over to MAWTT and join in the fun, after you've checked out the gorgeous creations by my teammates.

Cx

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is brill and the sentiment made me smile, Love it. Loving the new look to your blog too, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this card Claire… such a wonderful design using the page from book… Love the sentiment tag… it's just perfect! :-)
    Hope you have a great evening!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of a book page Claire, love it..see you've changed your look too - looks fab! Sorry I've been missing again all week...usual stuff keeping me away, but thank you for your comment on the Eileen Hull post, it was very kind of you, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's out of my system: this is ace. CAS and sharp and unexpected. Nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Claire. Loving the sentiment.xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx