Monday, April 27, 2015

Cheerful Critters..




Hey,

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

I am a cheerful critter today, as I got a cut above mention over at The Paper Players last week - cool and most unexpected :) Great way to start the week.

I thought I'd enter this week's challenge -


I had to make a card for a friend's Son and thought I'd use the sketch. I don't have oval dies (why?!) and so used MFT stitched rounded rectangles instead.

The patterned background paper is by My Minds Eye and I used scraps for the solid green paper and rummaged through my red and green scrap boxes to find things to use as banners!

The main stamp is from my new Cheerful Critters stamp set by SU. I also used Hooray! from the set.

I used distress inks (sage, picked raspberry, evergreen bough and mustard seed) and an aquabrush to colour the Critter's sweater - I love how this contrasts with the patterned background paper.

Final touch was to add the rest of the sentiment, from a very very old Papermania stamp set.

Once again another super simple card inspired by The Paper Players.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, OMG I have been so delinquent in checking out your blog lately. So sorry. I promise to be better at it! Hope all is well, aside from your injury. :( Beautiful swap cards I received this week. Yours will go out tomorrow and I really need to think about planning a NYC trip to meet you in person soon!! Hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a fab design Claire… such a cute image and sentiment. Love the bright and cheery colours! :-)
    well done on your mention at The Paper Players… that's wonderful!
    Hope you had a lovely weekend!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Claire, I love your design and the super cute critter! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, this is just adorable! I love all the bright colors and the little critter makes me smile! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got this critter out to play, Claire! Your card is perfectly done!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx