Monday, April 13, 2015

Back to work...


Hey,

Hope you had a good weekend.

After nearly a week off work, today is my first day back..hope its gentle :)

I saw this week's I Heart Promarkers challenge and decided to play along..the theme this week is ink it up.

I decided to use some of the things that I learnt on the loftartretreat and I'm quite pleased with the results.

The stamps are all from the Gorjuss 'Little Red' set.

I stamped the frame first and then in the spirit of ink it up, I inked the edges of the paper in Victorian Velvet and used the matching stain for the inky splodge in the centre (more practice needed with Distress stains).

I normally just ignore the 'supporting' stamps in my sets, but Jenn taught us how to make the best out of them, so here I coloured and fussy cut 2 leaves and an apple and staged them behind Little Red.

The glittery accents were added using a quickie glue pen and some superfine glitter - another trick that I hadn't used before the retreat!

I used Promarkers for all the colouring -
Oatmeal, Poppy, Antique Pink, Rock Pool, Bright Green, Leaf Green and Burnt Sienna.

The final touch was stamping the Hello in the bottom corner.

I think this is a card, that will be going in my 'For Grandma' stash!

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Awww this is really sweet Claire… such a cute image and you've coloured her beautifully! Love how you've used the apple and leaves! :-)
    Hope work went ok for you today
    Huge hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Claire, love the image and you've coloured it beautifully, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx