Thursday, December 18, 2014

Moving Along With The Times...sketch time...



Hey everyone,

It's almost Christmas, time to relax and hang out with your loved ones. I for one cannot wait!

Before that we have one last challenge from Team B over at Moving Along With The Times.. our wonderful Hostess this week, is our leader Hazel, she has chosen a sketch theme.

At the time that the DT calendar was released I had just bought the gorgeous Pink Petticoat Flamingoes. I was inspired to create a really girly, but not too busy take on the sketch.

I went with a very busy floral backing paper, so all the other elements had to be simple and pared back. The circles were die-cut from a pink houndstooth embossed paper that JT sent me. I added a simple pink border around the image and some pink candi to finish off.

It's way more pink than I normally use, but I love that the sketch took me to a different place, which is great - stepping out of my comfort zone is healthy!

To see more wonderful creations by Team B and to join in the sketchy fun pop on over to MAWTT.

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and thanks for playing with us at MAWTT throughout 2014.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Ah this is super, I love anything Pink Petticoat, the stuff is amazing!!! Love the pinks. I too aint a pink girl but like you step out of the zone and find I like it when I do. Hope you have a fabby Festive Season, Love Hazelxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so cute Claire! I love that little flamingo and your gorgeous paper! Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this flamingo and have used it a few times since downloading, love your card ... Yep not long now til the big day! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this image and use of that embossed paper. I know what you mean about pink usually overwhelming but this is a great pink card. Sorry this is a late visit this week! I blame Christmas...x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx