Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!!


Hey!

Well today is my birthday, I have had a fab weekend so far and a great morning of skyping and present opening.

I opened presents with JT yesterday and she mentioned that I might like Freshly Made Sketches this week -

She was right of course and you can go to her blog to see her take on it.

My shiny new Tim Holz tag die turned up yesterday, so I used that with some grey cardstock and embossed it using my new notepaper embossing folder - a birthday gift from JT.

I wanted to stamp my sentiment as the border on the left. To keep every thing even I scored a line, so I could ensure my stamping wasn't all over the place. The scored line also added a bit of dimension to the background.

The butterfly is by Grace Taylor and is left over from a very old project.

Final touch was the pale blue thank you ribbon - finishes it off very nicely.

I'm glad JT pointed me in the direction of the sketch, it was a really simple make and I like the stamped sentiment border - more of that methinks!

Well, I am off to Red Lobster for my bday lunch - yes I know I live in NYC and I could go anywhere to eat..but I'm English and we just don't have anything even remotely similar to Red Lobster back home, so I'm making the most of it!

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Have a fab fab fab day my friend, sounds like you're having a brilliant weekend! Love your card xx hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is gorgeous Claire! I love your new tag die! it looks so pretty with the butterfly and ribbon… fab sentiment ribbon too!
    Glad you're having a wonderful Birthday hun! hope you enjoyed your lunch at Red Lobster! :-)
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and I hope you enjoyed Red Lobster - I go just for those biscuits! That lovely butterfly is just perfect on the simple green tag. I love how you did the sentiment (I did it the same way!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! And what better way to use birthday crafty-stuff than make a fabulous card! Love this gorgeous butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx