Wednesday, August 13, 2014

WOYWW #271...Leaving on a jet plane..


..well not quite, but tomorrow I am heading home - Whoop Whoop!

Today I am joining WOYWW..the infamous time of the week, where we join Julia over at her blog Stamping Ground and nose at each other's desks.

Hope everyone is safe after the serious storm that hit a lot of people last night. The wind here was amazing - never heard anything so loud!

My desk is a bit tidy and a bit messy - just on the left side..I have been playing with some ideas, hence the pile to the left, I was going to use the Silhouette cat eye mask on the purple card - hence the t-rule, but I changed my mind. The papers are out, because I sorted my scraps. The Dymo label maker is also out because I sorted my scraps.

I saw a great idea for scrap organising on a WOYWW blog (sorry can't remember who for the life of me...getting old), but I thought it was a bit small for my silly season scrap "collection". So I hunted for something and decided that I would buy a photo organiser, that was handily on sale at The Container Store and meant I could also use a voucher I had.

This is the end result -

Photo organiser transformed into a scrap manager!
I labelled the cases by colour - to match my large paper drawers and then spent nearly all day on Sunday sorting out my scraps. I ended up with 2 carrier bags of paper for recycling..I finally managed to get rid of all the teeny tiny piece of paper that I have been hanging on to and some crumpled damaged pieces.

Here is one of the cases open -

Green scrap case
Most pleased with myself and everything I have made since has used a scrap or bigger offcut - no new pieces of paper have been harmed this week :) I have vowed to try and use as many scraps and bigger offcuts as I can before chopping up anything else!

As always there is a card for you lovely WOYWWers - it used x3 scraps and x1 bigger offcut. Its for a work colleague, who is a bit quirky, so she got a quirky card  - 

Cat Mask 30th Birthday Card
Sorry for the long post. Happy WOYWW.

I'll be visiting late tonight, as I have to stay up!

Cx

8 comments:

  1. Cool storage Claire! Love the card too, the mask looks quite foxy! I don't get time to WOYWW this week - saw your comment on my bog about the photo lab link -yes I had visited, I have the same little photo studio and it's pretty good. My problem with that photo was more that I had to rush to take it as it had to be posted off...typlcal last minute! Have a good journey over, bet your mum is so excited! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Claire...I think I left a comment - it crashed but said it published...who knows? Have a safe trip, hugs again Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. An admirable aim - to use up all the scraps. I fear it might be too late for me but good luck!! Great card, and have a good trip. Thanks you for visiting! Cindy #57

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's called organisation Claire,
    A place for everything and everything in it's place ;D
    That's my kinda desk!
    Fantastic card... I love the cat mask
    You sound very h'eggscited to be going home, so safe journey and enjoy
    Neesie #62

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your scrap storage idea!! Anything not to harm big pieces of paper! And I love the quirky card!! Have a safe trip.
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another tidy person, great idea for organising your papers etc. Francesca #48

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cool way to organize your bits and pieces. Hope you have a good trip home. And the card is just too cool! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #58

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shazambam, Claire, a most excellent system for dealing with scraps. You are a girl after my own heart and you label, too!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx