Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WOYWW #257...Still Hungover?!


Hi

Happy WOYWW..

Lemon's birthday visit has been epic and I believe I am still hungover from Monday - ugh! Too old for this!!

Why is there a photo of my desk? Well every week we join the lovely Julia on her blog Stamping Ground for WOYWW and have a global desk nose.

My desk is very tidy this week, because Lemon has been here, I have not been around much. The little stack of flowers are from my Ma and she sent them with Lemon, there is a bow (that won't stick) a card in progress covered over (as the person it's for reads my blog) the little jar of blue stuff is embossing paste and is flattening out my card and my mouse is there.

This week instead of one card for you lovely WOYWWers I thought I would show you some of the Mother's Day cards that I made for my work colleagues. I know some of you were curious. I made 40 of them in the end.

Mother's Day Cards

You will notice that there are some with names..Americans seem to give Mother's Day card to lots of different ladies!

I am very proud of them all but I really did bite off more than I could chew :) mainly because the flowery ones are so much work. They are based on the card I made for my Ma - fine when making one! The backing paper and the paper that the flower sit on are easy to put together. It's the hand colouring of the flower (with Promarkers), poking holes in the flower, threading the twine, adding the button and tying the bow that takes so long!

The butterfly and heart cards are simple to make. Did you notice the dog card? One of my colleagues has a dog crazy Mother and I was happy to oblige.

Sorry for the longish post :) I'll be visiting you after work.

Cx

13 comments:

  1. As a teacher and a crafter who makes cards to sell, I feel your pain. Doing one is always fun. Doing more is a bore! I used to make wedding invites too and the samples were great, but when you have to make 50 to 150 of the same thing it becomes tedious! Nice work though. #28

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 40 Mother's Day cards! The most I've ever had to make were three: mother-in-law, grandmother & mom. Now that the first two have passed there's just my mom.

    Yup, you don't realize how much work a thing is until you have to make it in multiples. I'm sure everyone was pleased, though, they're very nice.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comments.

    Happy Woyww,


    Sandy #70

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards, they are all so pretty! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #71

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, cheerful Mother's Day cards! Wow, you made a buncha, didn't you, you sweet lady!

    Happy woyww to you!
    :)trisha
    #76 at the moment
    with a Mother's Day pop-up card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stack of cards ! How busy you have been ! Well done you ! Ali #19

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Love the stamp you've used for the names! And the Scotty dog is adorable! Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I would love to swap ATCs with you also. Please send me your address via email. froggydesign3 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those personalised ones, they are amazing even if they are a pain. Look great as a set and you know I love that dog one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi - I'm typing quietly, to help your head! The MD cards are fab and your colleagues are lucky to have you there, to make them. Have a lovely week, Chris # 47

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are gorgeous. The tying would have done me in. Well, so would the coloring. You do great work, though.

    I remember one year for Mother's Day, I made a few corsages for my friends to give their mothers. Then people wanted to buy them. I ended up selling over 300. I made them on the way to work (dangerous, I know), on the way home, and on the way to school. In the end, I stopped making anything floral. It was a real experience.

    Thanks for your visit yesterday and happy WOYWW from #5.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did well - 40 cards, good grief. We've had Mother's Day, so it's nice to see another lovely selection emerging on your side of the water. Quite taken with the coloured embossing paste idea, something else to go look at on my long list of WOYWW enabled enquiries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I can see the novelty wears off with time. But they are still gorgeous.
    Sandra @41

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh that is a lot of work, you are such a good person for giving others cards. Here in Australia we tend to give our mothers and probably our grandmothers too a card but no one else. Well this is the way I was raised. My dear Mum is only with me in spirit now, hopefully happy caring for the rest of the family.

    I will give Yoda a kiss and a cuddle for you, he loves them.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx