Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WOYWW #241...Making it yourself!


Happy WOYWW everyone!!

This is my last day of freedom before I go back to work - boo! I have had such fun!

But before we get on to that, let's talk about WOYWW...hosted by the lovely Julia over at Stamping Ground, you can find out more about the weekly desk nose if you go over to her blog.

So I've been busy during my week off, I have been sewing, popped to Atlantic City for one night of madness, made some cards and made the beauty you see on my desk this week! My parents kindly sent me LOTS of new shiny Promarkers for Christmas and I need more storage than what I have. I looked around for something ready made but the $60 - $70 dollars to fit them all made my eyes water.

Then I saw this idea on Pinterest -


Cue x2 trips to Target for $1 pen pots and a rifle through my stuff to find the hot glue gun and voila! Promarker storage....
Best bit about it is that I got to choose how wide / high I make it and if I need more space, well I just buy more pots and glue them on! It cost me $25 to make and about 45 minutes. I did have a more uniform design in mind, but I got carried away after the first trip and had to glue what I'd found together..hence the random pattern, but I love it, as it's unique and mine.

On my travels I also stumbled across this set of lovely notecards ($4 for 12) in TJMaxx and I couldn't resist them, I am about to modify one of the innards to use as a Thank You card.

Notecards
Today I am going to continue sewing together my quilts, I am aiming to have both tops complete by next week (ambitious or stupid?)

Cx

15 comments:

  1. Now that is a very clever idea and economical. Love Pinterest although nothing I makes turns out as good as your finished project.
    Sandra @28

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I wasn't sure which pic was the one you made and then.....ahh haa....lightbulb moment....your blog background is honeycomb so your pen storage is too. ;) Cool! Thanks for the earlier visit! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #9

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like YOURS better than the one you saw on Pinterest. I have a friend who took a wine rack, added some plastic see through glasses, and turned it into her pen storage. She bought the wine rack, but had the old glasses already. Like what you made better, I think.

    Happy WOYWW from # 16

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't go on Pinterest as all, I must be the only person on the planet that hasn't been there. As for your storage, brilliant, I love it. Good for you.

    Hope you have a happy crafting week.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 32

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a clever idea! I love it!

    Happy woyww

    Zoe #42

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea!! I must keep this in mind :) I love the notecards as well :) Uniflame - #65

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the storage solution - well done you. I've been doing the storage thing too but bought from another crafter who had some spare. I steer clear of pinterest else I'd never do anything but sit at the computer! BJ#2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pen storage, it's always great to make something yourself I think. My promarkers are in homemade storage too, made for about £2...I love it.
    Hugs Lisax #53

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Claire, love your pen storage, I've been trying to decide on storage for my Promarkers, so think I will be borrowing this idea :) Hugs Carole Z x #62

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your storage idea - totes amaze. And hexagons as well. You nutter - do you dream in hexagons?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your DIY marker storage. I like it even better than the example. Because of the shape of your pen pots they just stack together nicely. Pretty card! I'm often drawn to store bought cards.... with the idea of making them better, of course! Thanks for the visit earlier! Judy #82

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't see your MAWTT card but I love your storage system. Clever idea. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE love love the storage you made!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #77

    ReplyDelete
  14. you really have had a great week..how good you must be feeling. I love the pen storage, and the fact that they aren't all covered the same makes me even happier to be honest!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx