Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sewing style..


Hi,

I'm still in challenge mode and I loved the sketch over at CAS(E) this sketch #60 this week -


For some reason when I was thinking about this card, I really wanted to use purple, perhaps it was the DT inspiration?

I used a free stamp set that my Ma brought me when she visited last year and all the elements are sewing related  -

Free stamp set
JT has made me a card using it, but I have only really used the sentiment stamps.

I thought that the tape measure would work stamped onto white card, to replicate the strip in the sketch. As you can see I had to cheat a bit as the tape measure is not very big, but it worked out fine. I stamped the dressform onto purple card and then got all bold and took a MASSIVE risk and stamped the sentiment over it using silver ink.

I was reasonably happy with my card, but felt it needed a bit of a pep up, so added some sequins and bling. Now I am very happy with it :)

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, I think it's a fab card - I love the way you've used the ruler stamps. I have this stamp set from the magazine, but so far just used the sewing machine and cotton reel, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! what a fab design Claire!! I love the pretty colour combo and the way you've used the ruler stamp looks very cool !! the silver sentiment is gorgeous! :-)
    Hope you have a lovely day!
    Take Care
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies...Hope you are staying warm..its blizzard time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx