Monday, January 20, 2014

New and Old..


Hi,

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

I have had a productive one, making cards, sewing, hanging out with friends. Looking forward to the week ahead in my new job though.

I've been trying to enter a few new challenges - today I am entering ColourQ #224 - I loved the palette for this week.


I really wanted to use the flower from a Fiskars stamp set I have..I bought it a while back in TJMaxx for $1.99!!

I stamped it onto some white card in Gray ink. I used a basic card stock that matched the Pool Party requirement and embossed it with a Darice 12inch folder, I used it on 2 sides of the card..clever! I thought the spotty ribbon matched the pool party look and anchored the image and the Poppy strip nicely. I love Candi, so I dug around and found a pair that matched Island Indigo.

The old part of my card is the sentiment stamp by Hero Arts..I love it and use it a lot.

It is Martin Luther King day here in the US and lots of people have the day of..not me unfortunately. So if you do have the day off I hope you have a good one.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Super card! Love your embossed background,Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love the embossed background. And nice score on the stamp set! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card, Claire, the flower stamp is so fun! Great to have you join us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx