Monday, November 18, 2013

Being prepared..


In my real life (aka my non-craft world) I am a Project Manager..I often find that my working practices spill over into my personal life...

Such as making things WAY in advance of needing them. Today's card is a perfect example of this.

I wanted to enter Pals Paper Arts #179 challenge this week, as the colours are so gorgeous and fit my stash perfectly.


I decided that I would turn my entry into my Thank You card for JT's parents (they are hosting Hubby and I for Thanksgiving) - bit early, but I wanted the card to be special, as it is very kind of them to invite us along.

I love corrugated card and I just bought a massive pack of it by DCWV on sale at Joann's, so decided to use a piece of it for the backing paper on this card. I happened to have 2 butterflies from the ones that JT sends me, that matched the backing paper and the challenge colour scheme. I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the big butterflies, the Razzleberry die cut is from Paper Presentation (my FAVE store in NYC) and I cut the thank you with my Silhouette.

I am really happy that despite all the different elements and textures on this card, it doesn't feel too busy.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Claire, GREAT use of these colors. I am certain your Thanksgiving dinner hosts will surely love it. Thanks for playing along with The Pals Paper Arts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, I just LOVE being prepared ahead of time. It doesn't happen too often in my world. I have never seen corrugated cardstock before; this brings interesting texture and dimension to your card. Well done Thank you for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the corrugated card stock. It adds so much texture. Plus I LOVE the "thank you". This is an awesome card. I know your hosts will love it, too. Thanks for joining the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx