Monday, November 18, 2013

Being prepared..


In my real life (aka my non-craft world) I am a Project Manager..I often find that my working practices spill over into my personal life...

Such as making things WAY in advance of needing them. Today's card is a perfect example of this.

I wanted to enter Pals Paper Arts #179 challenge this week, as the colours are so gorgeous and fit my stash perfectly.


I decided that I would turn my entry into my Thank You card for JT's parents (they are hosting Hubby and I for Thanksgiving) - bit early, but I wanted the card to be special, as it is very kind of them to invite us along.

I love corrugated card and I just bought a massive pack of it by DCWV on sale at Joann's, so decided to use a piece of it for the backing paper on this card. I happened to have 2 butterflies from the ones that JT sends me, that matched the backing paper and the challenge colour scheme. I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the big butterflies, the Razzleberry die cut is from Paper Presentation (my FAVE store in NYC) and I cut the thank you with my Silhouette.

I am really happy that despite all the different elements and textures on this card, it doesn't feel too busy.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Claire, GREAT use of these colors. I am certain your Thanksgiving dinner hosts will surely love it. Thanks for playing along with The Pals Paper Arts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, I just LOVE being prepared ahead of time. It doesn't happen too often in my world. I have never seen corrugated cardstock before; this brings interesting texture and dimension to your card. Well done Thank you for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the corrugated card stock. It adds so much texture. Plus I LOVE the "thank you". This is an awesome card. I know your hosts will love it, too. Thanks for joining the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx