Thursday, July 18, 2013

Polka dots..


As you may have noticed I do love working with Polka dots, so when I saw the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week - CFC109 Polka Dots, I knew it was for me.

I made a few things - which I am going to show you, but the main photo is my entry.

I love the simplicity of this card and stamping on the die-cut butterfly (by xCut) was a massive adventure for me :) The spotty paper is by Pink Petticoat, comes in 38 colours and with different size dots!

I made 3 more cards that fit this CAS-ual Friday theme..

1 - This card was very thrifty, I have a Sizzix dog die and this is was remained after I cut out the dog..I trimmed very carefully around it so I got a thin shape. It's not full on polka dots, but I like it...the woof woof isn't great, but hey perfection isn't easy :)

Spotty Dog
2 - I love bunting and polka dots so.....

Polka dot bunting
I love this card...I was in two minds about whether or not this should be my entry for the challenge. the butterfly was supplied by JT in the first round of punch swap and fits the bunting perfectly. The addition of pearls helps the bunting feel more anchored.

3 - This final card was made with a topper that has been on my desk forever and actually travelled in my 'emergency' craft kit from the UK to NYC!! The birdie is by Lettering Delights and the background is by Pink Petticoat. I could never find a suitable use for it, but last night I remembered that I had the birdie stamp and voila! here we are.

A little birdie..
I'm quite pleased with these cards and they have already been allocated homes!

Stay cool - it's getting hotter!

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Woof woof is perfect! Did you cut the dog out using your finger-scalpel? Need to get one of those...Love the wood-grain butterfly with the bunting, that works well there!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx